Retirement Asset Education CenterThere are many factors to consider before transferring retirement assets from either a qualified retirement plan (“plan” or “QRP”) to an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) and even from IRAs between firms. Before moving retirement assets, be sure you know your options and understand the details of your existing QRP or IRA. Most often, total expenses of an IRA with a financial professional will be higher than QRP costs. It is a good idea to discuss such movements with your tax professional before acting as most rollover decisions are irrevocable. Below are common reasons investors make a change and educational guides regarding common considerations.
- I do not want my investments connected to my previous employer.
- I want the option to make trading decisions.
- I want financial planning services, including a comprehensive review of my financial situation.
- My financial situation has become more complex. I would like help from a Financial Professional to provide advice on an as needed basis.
- I want investment advice tailored to my investment objectives and risk tolerance.
- I want consolidated reporting of my accounts and portfolio holdings.
- I would like my investments to be monitored and managed for me on a discretionary basis.
- I see the value in working with a professional to guide me through financial decisions.
- I would like the flexibility of more investment options and not be limited to what my plan or IRA offers.
- Income Focused Portfolio (e.g. more diverse income generating choices)
- I am interested in Retirement Planning including distribution planning and advice.
- I would like broader options for investment choices.
- I would like access to ongoing Education on markets and investments.
- I need help in balancing three basic concerns – risk, potential return, and income.
- I am looking for access to alternative strategies.
- Interest in Social Security Planning
- Intergenerational wealth management
- Assistant with Asset allocation.
- Lack of knowledge, time or interest to invest on my own
how we work
We’re here to help you make investments that align with your lifestyle.learn How
who we are
Podcasts, articles, financial news and more!learn More